Job Number 20024796
Job Category Event Management
Location The St. Regis Singapore| 29 Tanglin Road| Singapore| Singapore|
Brand St. Regis Hotels & Resorts
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
The St. Regis brand first established luxury hospitality more than 110 years
ago| with the opening of the St. Regis New York. From the moment John Jacob
Astor IV opened the doors of his Beaux-Arts masterpiece on New York’s Fifth
Avenue| St. Regis has stood as a symbol of uncompromising elegance and bespoke
service. Today| with more than 40 of the best addresses around the world| St.
Regis is a place where trends are born| boundaries are broken and guests can
simply live exquisite. We invite you to explore careers at St. Regis.
Directs and motivates team while personally assisting in the physical set up
of the function rooms (e.g.| tables| chairs| dance floors| podiums| etc.) and
executing events based on requirements and standards. Develops and directs
team to provide consistent| high quality service. Communicates performance
expectations and trains staff in processes. Monitors and controls financial
and administrative responsibilities including asset protection.
Education and Experience
• High school diploma or GED; 3 years experience in the event management| food
and beverage| or related professional area.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Supporting Event Services Operations
• Ensures Red Coat program is in place in accordance with Catering Event
Service minimum standard.
• Delegates tasks to ensure room sets are “on time” and meet Event Service
• Manages departmental inventories and assets including par levels and
maintenance of equipment.
• Projects supply needs for the department (e.g.| pads| pens| candy jars|
bottled water/water pitchers).
• Manages departmental inventories and maintains equipment.
• Ensures candy rotation on all meeting room sets (if applicable).
• Establishes consistent standards for regular meeting room sets and VIP
meeting room sets.
• Conducts function room inspections prior to each function to ensure the room
is set according to specifications.
• Maintains cleanliness and sanitation standards in all banquet operation
• Coordinates routine maintenance to ensure a quality meeting facility.
• Acts as a liaison between Banquets| Event Planning| Event Delivery teams and
the group contact throughout the event.
• Coordinates the necessary departments to maintain the meeting room
• Reviews the Diary weekly to ensure space maximization.
• Ensures function rooms are set according to event documentation (Banquet
Event Orders| resumes| etc.) and customer requirements.
Providing Exceptional Customer Service
• Makes presence known to customer at all times.
• Stays available to solve problems and/or suggest alternatives to previous
• Sets a positive example for guest relations.
• Interacts with guests to obtain feedback on product quality and service
• Responds to and handles guest problems and complaints.
• Empowers employees to provide excellent customer service.
Conducting Human Resources Activities
• Sets service goals for event service supervisors and employees in order to
achieve Event Planner satisfaction goals.
• Ensures employees understand expectations and parameters.
• Attends and participates in all pertinent meetings.
• Leads shifts and actively participates in the servicing of events.
• Communicates and executes departmental and property emergency procedures and
ensures staff are trained in safety procedures.
• Conducts monthly department meetings with Event Service staff.
• Schedules employees to ensure shift coverage and meet business demands and
productivity goals; critiques any variances.