Job Number 19162568
Job Category Food and Beverage & Culinary
Location W Singapore – Sentosa Cove| Lot 1412N Muklim 32| Singapore|
Brand W Hotels
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
Boldly coloring outside the lines of luxury| W turns the traditional notion of
the extravagant hotel on its head. Our irreverent attitude and taste for
excess redefine revelry for the modern jet set. Our guests have a lust for a
life less ordinary that drives them to demand more| experience it all| and hit
We share our guests’ passions| providing insider access to what’s new and
what’s next. Moderation is not in our vocabulary and we know that lust for
life demands more| not less. W guests soak it in and live each day with a
mantra: Detox.Retox.Repeat. If you’re ready to create the energetic W scene
that is magnetic to everyday disruptors around the world| then we invite you
to explore a career with W Hotels.
Entry level management position that is responsible for the daily operations
in Restaurants/Bars and Room Service. Position assists with menu planning|
maintains sanitation standards| assists servers and hosts on the floor during
peak meal periods and supervises Restaurants/Bars and Room Service
Departments| where applicable. Responsibilities include ensuring guest and
employee satisfaction while maintaining the operating budget. Accountable to
ensure standards and legal obligations are followed.
Education and Experience
• High school diploma or GED; 4 years experience in the food and beverage|
culinary| or related professional area.
• 2-year degree from an accredited university in Food Service Management|
Hotel and Restaurant Management| Hospitality| Business Administration| or
related major; 2 years experience in the food and beverage| culinary| or
related professional area.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Assisting in Management of Restaurant Team
• Handles employee questions and concerns.
• Monitors employees to ensure performance expectations are met.
• Provides feedback to employees based on observation of service behaviors.
• Assists in supervising daily shift operations.
• Supervises restaurant and all related areas in the absence of the Director
of Restaurants or Restaurant Manager.
• Participates in department meetings by communicating a clear and consistent
message regarding the departmental goals to produce desired results.
Conducting Day-to-Day Restaurant Operations
• Ensures all employees have proper supplies| equipment and uniforms.
• Communicates to Chef and Restaurant Manager any issues regarding food
quality and service levels.
• Ensures compliance with all restaurant policies| standards and procedures.
• Monitors alcohol beverage service in compliance with local laws.
• Manages to achieve or exceed budgeted goals.
• Performs all duties of restaurant employees and related departments as
• Opens and closes restaurant shifts.
Providing Exceptional Customer Service
• Interacts with guests to obtain feedback on product quality and service
• Supervises staffing levels to ensure that guest service| operational needs
and financial objectives are met.
• Encourages employees to provide excellent customer service within
• Handles guest problems and complaints| seeking assistance from supervisor as
• Strives to improve service performance.
• Sets a positive example for guest relations.
• Assists in the review of comment cards and guest satisfaction results with
• Meets and greets guests.
Conducting Human Resource Activities
• Supervises on-going training initiatives.
• Uses all available on the job training tools for employees.
• Communicates performance expectations in accordance with job descriptions
for each position.
• Coaches and counsels employees regarding performance on an on-going basis.